Now BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) lets you have Voice Calls/Chats for free over Wi-Fi. Research In Motion (RIM), the maker of BlackBerry phones, has announced BBM v7 with BBM Voice, a free update for the globally popular mobile social network, which will allow customers to make free voice calls to other BBM users around the world over a Wi-Fi connection. Users can switch between texting and talking, or talk and text at the same time.
BBM Voice features:-
|BlackBerry Messenger v7.0 with BBM Voice|
- Customers can initiate a BBM Voice call directly, or instantly switch from a BBM text chat to talk, and back again.
- The split-screen feature allows customers to talk and text at the same time, so for example, they can send a picture to their contact while talking with them. They can also check other BBM text chats, check email, or navigate to other apps while engaged on a BBM Voice call.
- BBM provides a visual indicator that shows when contacts are available for a voice call.
- BBM Voice is compatible with any accessories a customer has now for making voice calls on their BlackBerry smartphone, such as a Bluetooth or wired headset. Customers can also use BBM Voice over their BlackBerry smartphone’s speakerphone.
- If it’s not an ideal time to talk, users can simply choose to respond by texting back.